Thursday 27 October 2011

Wellies, Wet Dogs and Walkies!

I really love this time of year - beautiful Autumn!  Gorgeous colours of leaves, rain and yes - wearing my wellies!  (Now I don't look so out of place by my choice of footwear!!)  I love walking with the dogs in the murky rain and muddy woods and kicking through the leaves on the ground!  Splashing through the puddles (which helps wash off any dog-poo we may have trodden in!) and seeing the squirrels playing and gathering nuts!  Pheasants and muntjac sometimes cross our path and we try not to disturb them as they go about their business.  We trudge carefully round the familiar woodland tracks, which take on a different look with each passing day, as the trees shed more leaves, occasionally quite slippery as a result.  As the light starts to fade, sometimes a mist hangs in the treetops, so we hurry through before I start to imagine spooky things! - especially with Halloween approaching!  Finally we reach home where the dogs get towelled down and settle for a quick nap before their dinner and I have a lovely hot cup of tea!  What could be better than that?  Well maybe a crumpet to go with the tea!! :))    

No comments:

Post a Comment